Department of Neurology
University of Kentucky Medical Center
KY Clinic, J-401
Lexington, KY 40536-0284
Dr. Sharoon Qaiser was raised in Pakistan and attended King Edward Medial College. As a medical student, Dr. Qaiser often wondered about the possibilities of the ever-changing field of neurology. He enjoys working with children and advocating for those who cannot advocate for themselves. After residency, Dr. Qaiser sees himself in the mission field, bringing care and compassion to those who need it most. In his free time he likes reading books, with C.S. Lewis and Charles Spurgeon being his favorite writers. He likes listening to baroque and classic music. G.F. Handel is his favorite composer.
2005, MBBS, King Edward Medical College, Lahore, Pakistan
University of Kentucky Chandler Medical Center
Administrative Role & Committee Membership
2018-2019, Chief Resident, Child Neurology Residency, University of Kentucky, College of Medicine
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
Publications and Abstracts
- A 15 year-old with transient blurred vision and unusual speech” A case submission in Case of the month at Child Neurology Society case series. July 2016.
- Infant with constipation and poor feeding - A case of Infant Botulism” A case submission in case of the month at Child Neurology Society case series May 2016.
QI Projects and Protocols
- Hand Out Tool: S-HAAND
- Status Epilepticus Protocol: Time is Neuron
- Peds Stroke Protocol
- Award and Plaque presentation for inpatient headache protocol and research proposal by Child, Awarded 02/08/2018
- International Headache Academy (IHA) Travel Award Jan 2018 at University of California, Awarded 01/23/2018
- Frontier of Headache Scientific Research Annual Award at 59Th annual AHS conference 2017, Awarded 07/10/2017
- NIH Award at International Society of Neurogastronomy symposium 2016: Travel award, Awarded 03/15/2016
- Award and plaque presentation by American Academy of Pediatrics / CNS at CNS annual 44th, Awarded 10/12/2016
- Raised ICP in Cryptococcal Meningitis: A Clinician Challenge. Presented at: Morning Report. 03/04/2015.
- Cryptococcal Meningitis. Presented at: Combined Adult and Pediatric ID Conference. 10/14/2015.
- Commission Clinic: Five Decades of Excellence. Presented at Annual CNS Conference; DC Washington. 10/21/2015.
- Commission Clinic: Sharing Experience of Five Decades. Presented at: 8th Annual Post Doctoral Poster presentation in College of Medicine at UK. 12/09/2015.
- Epilepsy Syndrome in Pediatric Population. 03/08/2017.
- “Time is Neuron” Status Epilepticus Protocol: An abstract presentation at the 46th Annual CNS conference Vancouver, B.C., 2016.
- Dr Donita Lightner. Pediatric Stroke Protocol. Presented at: Neurology Grand Rounds. 01/09/2018.
- Pro Debate on Neuromodulators for Primary Headahce Disorder. LA, California. 01/23/2018.
- Status Migranosus. 02/02/2018.
- Dr Sidharth Kapoor. Warning and a Seizure : Epilepsy with Migraine. Presented at: Neurology Grand Rounds, 11/21/2017.
- NA. Epilepsy with Migraine. Presented at Child Neurology Expert Group Symposium; Peshawer, Pakistan, 02/13/2018.
- Sharoon Qaiser. Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis. Etiology and Pathogenesis:. In: Omar Hatim and Joshua Chalky, Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis. NY: Nova Publishers; 2018: 50-59.
- Sharoon Qaiser , Donita Lightner. Brain tumors. In: Dong Y Han. Clinical Essentials for Neurotrauma and rehabilitation professionals. NY, NY: Springer; 2016: 80-88.
- Ana Albuja , Sharoon Qaiser ( et al ). Surfer's Myelopathy. Brain and Spinal Cord. 2016; - (-) : -.