Dr. Marshall became interested in the neurosciences early in his undergraduate training after reading several books by the author Oliver Sacks. There Dr. Marshall did a correlational research project on memory and food intake. After starting medical school he became convinced that neurology was the right specialty after doing several neurology rotations where he encountered patients with epilepsy, movement disorders, and MS, among many others. Since starting residency his interests have included acute stroke care and neuro-imaging. Outside of work Dr. Marshall enjoys spending the majority of his time with his three children and wife. They like to go to the park and to the gym.
2013, MD, Ross University School of Medicine, Dominica, West Indies
2013 to 2017, Neurology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
Kentucky Medical License
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support, ACLS
- Handover Certification
University of Kentucky Chandler Medical Center
American Academy of Neurology
- AY 2014-2015 Resident Recruitment Committee
- Secondary Representative, Resident Physician Council
Publications and Abstracts
- Matthew Marshall, Sourabh Lahoti, Bryan Eckerle. Systemic mastocytosis and stroke: A case report. Research Day 2016; June 2016; Lexington, KY.
- Matthew G. Marshall M.D., Sachin Kedar M.D. An unusual cause of bilateral partial CN VI palsy with headache. University of Kentucky Resident Research Day; June 2015; Lexington, KY.
Evaluating diurnal oscillations of the NIH stroke scale