Department of Neurology
University of Kentucky Medical Center
KY Clinic, J-401
Lexington, KY 40536-0284
Dr. Mangay Thandampallayam went to Madras Medical College in India and completed a residency training in Ophthalmology from Regional Institute of Government Ophthalmic Institute in Chennai. She did her fellowship training in Neuro-Ophthalmology at Henry Ford Health System in Detroit and Michigan State University in East Lansing. In her free time, she likes to do yoga, meditation, baking and gardening.
- Madras Medical College, Chennai, India
- 2019-Present Resident, Neurology. University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
Clinical and Research Interests:
IIH, optic neuritis, myasthenia gravis
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- CITI Human Subject Research Certification
- UK Neurology Handover Certification
- NIH Stroke Scale Certification
- American Academy of Neurology
Publications and Abstracts:
- Poster Presentation: NANOS 2019, Las Vegas: Perineural Spread of Head and Neck cancer Mangayarkarasi Thandampallayam, David Kaufman, Lina Nagia
- Poster Presentation: NANOS: 2019, Las Vegas: Ocular manifestation of systemic disease Mangayarkarasi Thandampallayam, David Kaufman, Lina Nagia
- Oral Presentation: Ocular manifestation of systemic disease – Nyctalopia in a patient with Crohn’s disease after bowel resection: UMNOG, Chicago, 7/2018.
- Case Presentation: Perineural spread of head and neck cancer: Great Lakes Neuro-Ophthalmology Meeting, Michigan State University, 3/23/2018.
- Poster Presentation: NANOS 2018, Hawaii. “Rituximab use in Neurosarcoidosis” – Mangayarkarasi Thandampallayam, David Kaufman, Lina Nagia
- Case Presentation – Abducent nerve palsy post basilar aneurysm coiling -Great Lakes Neuro-Ophthalmology Meeting, University of Michigan, 12/2017
- Poster: Effect of Hyperlipidemia on retinal function in Type 2 diabetes. The 3rd Annual Kresge Eye Institute Clinical Translational Lectureship– 10/2015 Mangayarkarasi Thandampallayam Ajjeya, Renu.A. Kowluru.
- Journal: Nutrition and Metabolism Journal (Jan 2014): Beneficial effects of the nutritional supplements on the development of diabetic retinopathy. Kowluru RA1, Zhong Q, Santos JM, Thandampallayam M, Putt D, Gierhart DL.
- Poster: Beneficial effects of Carotenoids in Diabetic retinopathy- ARVO, Seattle- 2013 Kowluru RA1, Zhong Q, Santos JM, Thandampallayam M, Putt D, Gierhart DL.