Department of Neurology
University of Kentucky Medical Center
KY Clinic, J-401
Lexington, KY 40536-0284
Dr. Kara Swafford enjoys cooking Italian food and hanging out with her friends and family during her free time.
2014, MD, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
2014 to 2018 - Neurology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
Vascular Neurology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
Clinical and Research Interests
Kentucky Medical License
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Certification (ACLS)
- Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative Certification (CITI)
- Handover Certification
- NIH Stroke Scale Certification
University of Kentucky Chandler Medical Center
American Academy of Neurology
- AY 2014-2015 Resident Recruitment Committee
- 2016 UK Department of Neurology Resident of the Month
- 2016 UK HealthCare Resident of the Month
- AY 2017 - 2018 Resident Recruiment Committee
Publications and Abstracts
Evaluation of Anticoagulation Bridging Methods in Acute Ischemic Stroke Patients with Atrial Fibrillation.
- Evaluation of Antithrombotic Bridging Methods in Acute Ischemic Stroke Patients with Atrial Fibrillation. AAN Poster Presentation April 2017.
- An Old-Fashioned CPC. Hint… This is Not ALS. Neurology Grand Rounds Presentation January 2017.
- Left Cervical Internal Carotid Artery Dissection in a Young Adult Male: Case Report of Eagle Syndrome. Neurology Department Resident Research Day June 2016.
- Discovery of Insular Cortex: Characterization of Pathophysiology, Clinical Syndromes and Functional Outcome of Insular Cortex Stroke. Neurology Department Resident Research Day May 2014.