Department of Neurology
University of Kentucky Medical Center
KY Clinic, J-401
Lexington, KY 40536-0284
Dr. Jason Chisholm graduated from the University of Kentucky College of Medicine in Lexington, Kentucky. Before joining the University of Kentucky Department of Neurology, he conducted clincial research on headache and stroke at the University of Kentucky as a medical student, and is currently seeking publication for work relating to the pathophysiology of pseudotumor cerebri syndrome. His clinical and research interests include epilepsy and headache. In his leisure time he likes to go hiking, traveling, enjoy the outdoors, watching sci-fi tv shows and movies, and prior to entering medical school he played college football for four years while attending Hanover College.
2017, MD, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, KY
2017 to present Resident, Neurology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
Clinical and Research Interests
Epilepsy and headache
2013, BA, Biology, Hanover College, Hanover, IN
Kentucky Medical License
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Handover Certification
- NIH Stroke Scale Certification
University of Kentucky Chandler Medical Center
07/2017 to 12/2018, Junior Intern, American Academy of Neurology
Publications and Abstracts
- Chisholm JT, Sudhakar P, Alhajeri AN, Smith JH. Intracranial elastance is increased in idiopathic intracranial hypertension. European Journal of Neurology. 2017; 24 (12) : 1457-1463
- Chisholm JT, Abou-Jaoude MM, Hessler AB, Sudhakar P. Pseudotumor Cerebri Syndrome with Resolution After Discontinuing High Vitamin A Containing Dietary Supplement: Case Report and Review. Neuro-Ophthalmology. 2017; N/A (N/A) : N/A
- Sudhakar P, Alhajeri NA, Smith JH. Intracranial elastance is increased in idiopathic intracranial hypertension.
Presented at American Headache Society 59th Annual Scientific Meeting, 2017; Boston, MA. 06/09/2017.
- Kapoor S, van Horne CG, Han DY. Gustatory Hallucination Evoked By Stimulation of Cortical Grid
Electrodes During Brain Mapping. Presented at International Society of Neurogastronomy Symposium, 2016;
Lexington, KY. 12/10/2016.
- Bernert S, Chisholm J, Vsevolozhskaya OA, Fraser JF. (2016). Cranioplasty Complications and Rehabilitation-Will A Cranioplasty Disrupt Rehabilitation Stays? Poster presented at: Annual Symposium of the National Neurotrauma Society; Lexington, KY.
- Sudhakar P, Alhajeri AN, Smith JH. Intracranial elastance is increased in idiopathic intracranial hypertension.
Presented at: Department of Neurology Trainee Research Day - Oral Presentation. 05/19/2017.