Clinical & Research Interests
Stem Cell Therapeutics for Stroke, Epilepsy
2008 M.B.B.S., University of Jordan, Jordan
2012 to 2016, Neurology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky
- Postdoctoral Fellowship Program, University Hospitals Case Medical Center
- Epilepsy, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee
- Jensen MB, Yan H, Krishnaney-Davison R, Al Sawaf A, Zhang SC. Survival and differentiation of transplanted neural stem cells derived from human induced pluripotent stem cells in a rat stroke model. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2013 May;22(4):304-8.
- Jensen MB, Han DY, Al Sawaf A, Krishnaney-Davison R. Behavioral Outcome Measures used for Human Neural Stem Cell Transplantation in Rat Stroke Models: A Systematic Review. Neurol Int. 2011
- Jensen MB, Al Sawaf A, Zhang SC. Human Neural Stem Cell Transplantation in Animal Stroke Models: A Systematic Review. ENJ 2011
Dr. Abdullah Al Sawaf is from Damascus, the heart and capital of Syria. After earning his medical degree from the University of Jordan, he spent time at University of Wisconsin exploring stem cell therapeutics. Later, Dr. Al Sawaf joined the postdoctoral fellowship program at the University Hospitals Case Medical Center and studied epilepsy. Dr. Al Sawaf has an interest in stem cell therapy, behavioral neurology, epilepsy and brain mapping. Dr. Al Sawaf spends his free time with friends, family, and enjoying outdoor sports.